Monday, January 5, 2009

Thrifty Finds

So, I was admiring the pics from Mary and Hans' house tour on the Apartment Therapy site. Then I scrolled down to the "Resources" section for some of their furniture and decorative items, and I was pleasantly surprised to find Craigslist listed several times. It's shows a lovely example of how you don't have to spend big bucks to make your home look nice, and that some great items can be obtained second hand.
You can even find items from those stores you would love to shop at, but just can't see spending the big bucks, like Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, and Restoration Hardware.
I wanted a nice white shower curtain for our guest bathroom, so I bought this Restoration Hardware shower curtain on my local online classifieds for only $5! The fabric is like those thick comfy spa robes. A similar item is listed on their site right now for $70. You gotta love a deal like that!
Oh, and for about $5.oo I got a new liner and roller hangers at Linens N Things because they were 75% off. Woo hoo!

No comments: