Saturday, January 24, 2009

A knitter, I am not

A few years ago, my pal, Jenn, taught me how to knit. I was able to find a book that included left handed instructions which helped because I was able to converted what she was showing me to "lefty". The only thing I made was a scarf. An ugly scarf, but it was in fact recognizable as a scarf. Feeling pretty proud of myself, I decided I might as well try my hand at crocheting and jumped right in to make a blanket. Unfortunetly, the blanket was not a success. Though, I suppose I could say it was intended for my Chihuahua. In that case, then yes, I did indeed crochet a tiny blanket. That pretty much ended my attemps at either skill and in time I forgot how to do it. So, last week I decided to re-teach myself to knit. I think it's safe to say I won't be making a living as a knitter because I'm pretty slow and I've yet to venture into any fancy manuevers. So far I've made two squares trying to get the hang of it again. They're not good for much of anything unless I wanted to sew them together to form a tiny pillow. I'm sure my dog would appreciate a tiny pillow to go with that blanket. I've started another attempt and I'll post a picture if it actually starts to look like something. Wish me luck!

No comments: