Friday, July 3, 2009

Local Classified Ads

A habit that I have picked up as a wanna be frugal shopper is checking out my local classified ads. Luckily for me, the town that I live in has a website that has a great classified section that works very similar to Craigslist (which I also often frequent). For quite a while, I had been in search of a new coffee table. I was thrilled one day when I opened an ad labeled "Coffee Table" and found that someone was selling the the Tanner Coffee Table from Pottery Barn. I had often admired this table, but didn't want to pay $400(new) for it. I emailed them right away, because you have to be quick sometimes or someone else will get it first. And I got the table!

This is the table that I had before. It got to looking pretty bad, so about 5 years ago I painted it so that I could continue to use it.

And this is the Tanner Coffee Table from Pottery Barn that I now have:
My cost if I had bought it new: $399 + tax + shipping
My cost by buying it used: $100

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, that's a crazy deal!! LOVE the new table!

Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

This site is awesome
classifieds ads

Manish Batra said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
PVC Wheelchair

Keep Posting:)